Ham and Bean Tetrazzini
Preparation: 15 min. Cooking: 40 min.
Total: 55 min.
- 1 vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 6 oz ham, reduced-fat, cut into .5 in. cubes
- 2 green onions, with tops, sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb cooked spaghetti, warm
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat or until hot. Sauté mushrooms, ham, and green onions until mushrooms are tender and ham is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in soup and milk and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, 2-3 minutes.
Stir in beans and cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in spaghetti. Spoon spaghetti mixture into greased 7x11 in. baking dish. If desired, sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350°F until bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Courtesy American Dry Bean Board.