NEW at Brookhaven Marketplace!
FRESH – never frozen organic ground beef! Our buyers are always on the lookout for items that are unique, good tasting, healthy, and for meat, deli and dairy items, produced from animals that were raised humanely. This new item is one that any non-vegetarian family member will enjoy and appreciate.
Most Brookhaven customers are familiar with the fine line of Organic Valley dairy products as we are one of the Midwest’s largest retailers for the farmer-owned co-ops products. On several occasions we have had family members from one of the co-ops farms visit our stores and visit with our customers. Another category which the co-op owns is organic meat products, beef, poultry, and pork sold under the name Organic Prairie. We have made arrangements with the folks at Organic Prairie to supply our stores with freshly ground 1 pound packages of organic ground beef. We offer both a 15% fat and 10% fat mixture and every package comes with an easy to read Sell By date placed on the package at the meat plant when the beef is ground. You can buy organic beef elsewhere but in most cases it comes to the store in frozen packages which are thawed out for sale. Our Organic Prairie ground beef is NEVER Frozen
Seven Reasons to Choose Organic Prairie Meats While we uphold the USDA rules as the foundation of the organic industry, many of Organic Prairie’s production standards go above and beyond government regulations, ensuring the meat we deliver to you is the safest and healthiest available anywhere!
|Organic vs. “Natural” |
Organic certification guarantees many things—the word “natural” does not. Organic meats are always from farms required to obtain annual third-party certification to comply with strict USDA organic regulations; “natural” foods are not. If personal health, the environment, and a sustainable future are among your values, look for the USDA organic seal.
- Our organic meats are brought to you by family farms—not factories. The upshot? Healthier animals, healthier people...a happier planet.
- Our organic meats are produced without the use of synthetic hormones, antibiotics or persistent pesticides—that’s what makes them organic!
- Our animals graze in organic pastures, eat organic vegetarian feeds, and they’re finished on family farms, not crowded, concrete feedlots.
- Annual inspections ensure that our farms, feed, and facilities meet—or exceed—all certification standards. We’re your trusted source for organic meat!
- To ensure your safety, all Organic Prairie meat is tested for bacteria before it leaves our processing facilities.
- We maintain meticulous records on every animal we raise, ensuring traceability from our farms to your front door.
- As the farmer-owners of our co-op, we proudly uphold the highest safety and quality standards in the industry.